Are You One Of These Restaurants Without A Website?
So, having a website is fairly important now days, but after reading an article on SmartBlogs Food & Beverage I was staggered to learn that less than half independent restaurants have a website or are using the internet to market their business! I know this article is about the US market, but usually the UK is similar.
Can you imagine a business without a website! And even more staggering without a mobile friendly website!
In a recent study by Restaurant Sciences of Internet use in the restaurant industry, they discovered that:
- although almost all chain restaurants have websites
- less than 50% of independent restaurants do
- independent restaurants that did have websites, only 40% display their menu.
Other revelations are that:
- many independent restaurants without a website have set up a Facebook page. However, search engines such as Google and Bing, find it difficult to use information from Facebook to include in their search engines.
- Over Valentines’ Day, Google reported that 64% of consumers searched for restaurants from their mobile phones. Without a website, how will your restaurant show up in a mobile search?
- What works on a desktop computer may not work well for mobile users on the go
- Most restaurants are not taking advantage of, or even claiming as their own, the Google Places (now Google+ Local) or Bing listings that these search engines automatically create for restaurants
If you are a restaurant owner and would like people to find your restaurant in the search engines, then call us NOW on 01689 602 248 or email us