What is Social Media?
Gaining new customers with traditional media and interruption methods of marketing are no longer working. People are now using Social Media. If you have not joined the conversation, rest assured your competition has.
Marketing has shifted from a one-way broadcast to a multi-point conversation. In the past, communications were “broadcast” exclusively through mass marketing channels like radio, TV and newspapers. However, with social media, much of the communication is now controlled by the prospects, through Social Media services like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+. Facebook and Twitter now have more than 700 million members combined, while YouTube, gets over 300 million visitors a month.
Social Media is a great way to promote yourself as a brand onto the internet, but only if you are willing to truly have a dialogue with your customers. The reason is that social media by its very nature is, well, social, and with all these sites, communication is really two way. It is all about connecting and engaging with your audience. Creating a relationship where you can become a trusted “expert” in your business niche.
LinkedIn is a social networking website for people in professional occupations. With over 100 million users representing over 200 countries around the world, LinkedIn is a fast-growing professional networking site that.
LinkedIn users can create a list of connections, which can then be used in a number of ways:
- A contact network is built up consisting of their direct connections, the connections of each of their connections (termed second-degree connections) and also the connections of second-degree connections (termed third-degree connections). This can be used to gain an introduction to someone a person wishes to know through a mutual contact.
- Users can upload their resume or design their own profile in order to showcase work and community experiences.
- It can then be used to find jobs, people and business opportunities recommended by someone in one’s contact network.
- Employers can list jobs and search for potential candidates
- Job seekers can review the profile of hiring managers and discover which of their existing contacts can introduce them.
- Users can post their own photos and view photos of others to aid in identification.
- Users can now follow different companies and can get notification about the new joining and offers available.
- Users can save (i.e. bookmark) jobs which they would like to apply for.
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. Founded by Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook is the world’s largest social network, with over 845 million monthly active users.
With over 900 million people on Facebook, as a business you need to learn how to reach the right audience for your business and turn them into customers.
Check out our SEO Consultant London Facebook Business Page, to get an idea of how to use Facebook for your business.
Increasingly more and more businesses are using Twitter for their business. This can be in the form of market research, do brand reputation management and provide selected highlights from product releases, events being help to the latest article that they have published on their website. Twitter allows businesses to expand their brand and therefore generate new opportunities.
Click the following link, SEO Consultant London, to view our SEO Twitter page
Google+, sometimes written as Google Plus or G+, is a multilingual social network owned and operated by Google. Although the general public has come to understand the concept of an online social network, Google calls Google+ a “social layer” which is not just a destination site, but rather something that Google has added as a layer across many of its properties.
Google+ Pages is a way for you and your business to use Google+ for your business and help make your business social. Google+ pages help you connect and engage with your customers.
Click SEO Consultant London to view our Google+ Business Page.
YouTube is not just for uploading silly videos or embarrassing moments, it can also be used as a highly effective business tool. You can use it to show off your expertise, share knowledge, market your products and connect with customers, colleagues and prospects.
Click the following link, SEO Consultant London, to view our Blue Square Management YouTube Channel.
Social Media Marketing For Businesses
If you and your business needs help with its Social Media Marketing, then call us today on 01689 602 248 or email us for a FREE consultation.